F-4B/N Phantom II
This product is an artistic representation of the subject matter. SimWorks Studios Ltd. does not endorse or is endorsed in any way by the manufacturer of the subject matter. The subject matter and is simulated within the limitations of the Flight Simulator X SDK and the product and/or its manuals are not to be used as a substitute to real-world training.
Credits and thanks
Thank you for your interest in our F-4B/N Phantom II packages. The SimWorks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II is a product of great effort and love for one of the most iconic aircraft ever made. We would also like to thank the various people that assisted in the research and developement of this project. Many members of the Sim-Outhouse community provided us with invaluable research material, insight to the aircraft and testing. We would also like to thank our beta testing team which provided us with a lot of headaches and invaluable feedback during the developmen cycle. Our early customers, who supported us not only with their wallets but also with constructive criticism that led us to improve usability and quality even further. Lastly, the development team:
F-4B Phantom II PBR upgrade:
- Jamal Ingram: Exterior model upgrades
- Matt Wynn: Exterior textures
- Alex Vletsas: Interior model upgrades
- Elias Strikos: Cockpit textures
Legacy F-4B Phantom II:
- Jamal Ingram: Exterior model, and TacPack coding
- Alex Vletsas: Interior model, Coral Sea modeling, XML coding and management
- Panayiotis Delizisis: Flight dynamics, F-4 repaints and Coral Sea texturing
- Thanasis Delizisis: Flight dynamics
- Nicolas Nastri: Paintkit, VC and Exterior texturing
- McFarland Masterton: Carrier Extensions v2.0, Autopilot
- Orion Lyau: Carrier Extensions v1.0
We would also like to extend our special thanks to Tom Aguilo for XMLTools, which made possible many major features of this aircraft. Doug Dawson for his dsd2xml module, allowing us to enrich our audio environment. MilViz for their marvelous RADAR and lighting technology that is integrated herein. Finally, Rich Slater for doing some specialized groundwork for us.
The following sections are devoted to the product as a user manual, allowing you to operate the F-4B/N to its full capability and familiarize yourself with its features.
For the best possible experience we recommend the settings as shown in the images below.
- Prepar3D v4/5: 4096x for GPUs with more than 6GB of VRAM. 2048 otherwise. Also, ensure "Mipmap VC panels" is turned off.
- FSX: Global texture resolution: Maximum
- To see 4096 textures in FSX, you may need to edit fsx.cfg located in %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX and add/change the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 line to TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096. The line is in the [GRAPHICS] section.
- Advanced animations: ON (Required)
- Target frame rate: 30 (depending on preference it may go higher or lower)
- Show tooltips: as desired
- High resolution virtual cockpit: ON
- Sound: our testing indicates that the aircraft feels best when engine sounds are half the volume of the other sounds. Recommended:
- Engines: 25%
- Other settings: 50%
Notice to Steam customers
Certain features have been reduced or are not included in the version available on the Steam Store. Reduced features are marked with an asterisk (*) and removed with two asterisks (**).
- Systems and procedures
- Combat employment