Author Topic: Couple of issues  (Read 356 times)

jddavid

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Couple of issues
« on: June 07, 2018, 02:22:41 AM »
Dear SWS team:
Since I migrated to P3Dv4 I've had a couple of issues. First one is, I downloaded the latest version of vLSO (1.0.5.7) and the manual says that I need carrierextensions.dll version 3.1.6.5791. I see in carrierextensions.dll - properties, version 3.1.5.5642 and so, vLSO wont recognize the carrier.
How can I update my version?
My second issue is with the aerosoft F-14 extended. I can successfully trap, but when I try to launch (I'm fully configured) the catapult doesn't do anything. When I press shift-space, I can hear the sound of the catapult, I see the shooter signaling the run up, the steam, but the plane doesn't move. The barrier retracts but the shooter seems to be stuck looping in the run up signal and the plane never launches. I can't even disconnect the catapult to park the plane. If I try to slew the plane, it gets pulled again to the launch position. If I slew it to 1000ft and 1 mile from the carrier, it flies, but once I fly over the carrier in the brake, it gets pulled again to the launch position. It's as if once I press shift-I and the plane gets repositioned to the right launch spot, it never releases.
FSX used to be my combat sim, but I'm migrating to P3Dv4. I unistalled and reinstalled SWS and the F-14 (I downloaded both installers today, so they should be the most recent). So far, I only have the F-14 and SWS carriers in P3Dv4. No superbug, tacpack or aicarriers. I use SWS fleets to call the carrier.
I can successfully launch from the kittyhawk included with the F-14. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Daniel.

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

• Administrator
  • Test pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of issues
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 06:20:30 AM »
Hello Daniel,

The new version of CEX will come with the next update which is in testing.

Regarding the F-14 Extended issue, we haven't tested the aircraft, but suspect that the problem may be due to AS flying the F-14 externally. However I cannot verify that and if that's the case, AS should update the Tomcat to communicate through a special API created for this case. I will get in touch with them and see if that is possible.

jddavid

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 05:30:40 PM »
Got it! Meanwhile I'll use an older version of vLSO.
As for the F-14 issue, I appreciate your answer and your efforts to solve the issue.
I don't know if it will help in any way, but I've been testing the F-14 and well, mostly it doesn't work, but I did get it to work. These are the steps I follow:
-Open P3D and leave the default aircraft which is the F-22 and go to any airport by the ocean, like KNTU.
-Place the carrier via SWS Fleet.
-Warp the F-22 to a catapult on the carrier.
-Press shift - I (it does nothing to the F-22, but if I don't place the plane on a catapult and press shift - I, the F-14 won't work).
-Select the F-14.
If I don't follow these steps to the line, it will simply not work.

The kittyhawk works wonders, but it doesn't have your software, so it's not as fun and dramatic to catch a wire. I might install aicarriers or tacpack and see how it goes with those.
I'll also bring this issue to aerosoft, see if they can come with a solution.

Thanks!
Daniel.

honeycool

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 02:13:25 AM »
Hi,

I'm also having a problem with regards to the obsolete CEX dll for vLSO v1.0.6.0. Will the latest CEX DLL be out soon?

Regards,

Steven

Hello Daniel,

The new version of CEX will come with the next update which is in testing.

Regarding the F-14 Extended issue, we haven't tested the aircraft, but suspect that the problem may be due to AS flying the F-14 externally. However I cannot verify that and if that's the case, AS should update the Tomcat to communicate through a special API created for this case. I will get in touch with them and see if that is possible.

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

• Administrator
  • Test pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 06:41:03 AM »
Gents it's been a long time since we promised to deliver the new version of CEX -and a lot of delays gone into it. It isn't ready yet, unfortunately. However I will look into a temporary solution to at least bring it to work with vLSO, as it's been too long.