Author Topic: Deck configuration and Stores manager  (Read 308 times)

FallenPhoenix1986

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Deck configuration and Stores manager
« on: June 03, 2018, 04:53:37 PM »
Hi, I've just purchased and installed the F-4 but I'm having trouble with the stores manager and the deck configuration utility.

I'm running ion FSX Accel without Tack Pack, and have selected the non Tack pack option on the desktop configuration app. Appropriate options selected during install for the aforementioned set up.

In the case of the deck configuration tool none of the controls have any effect, I cannot operate the lights/lifts/doors nor can I spawn any parked aircraft.

For the loadout manager, I cannot load any ordinance/stores or remove the crew. I can however spawn in the ground power cart which then works as advertised. The aircraft manager tool seems to bee working fine.

Other than the above issues though I'm pretty pleased so far, little heavy on FPS but I can life with it for now... It's about time I built a new rig anyway.

Edit:-

Just caught my first 3 wire, really love the animated wires.
Don't seem to be getting a meatball though, might have missed something in the manual?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 05:21:03 PM by FallenPhoenix1986 »

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

• Administrator
  • Test pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Deck configuration and Stores manager
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 06:55:13 AM »
Hi, I've just purchased and installed the F-4 but I'm having trouble with the stores manager and the deck configuration utility.

I'm running ion FSX Accel without Tack Pack, and have selected the non Tack pack option on the desktop configuration app. Appropriate options selected during install for the aforementioned set up.

For the loadout manager, I cannot load any ordinance/stores or remove the crew. I can however spawn in the ground power cart which then works as advertised. The aircraft manager tool seems to bee working fine.

Did you run the config app as administrator?

In the case of the deck configuration tool none of the controls have any effect, I cannot operate the lights/lifts/doors nor can I spawn any parked aircraft.

Edit:-

Just caught my first 3 wire, really love the animated wires.
Don't seem to be getting a meatball though, might have missed something in the manual?

The fact that the cables are working means that the meatball should too. However the meatball is only visible within a specific, narrow cone, so if you're too high or far left or right you won't see it.

As for the deck configuration app:
-Is the correct carrier selected (I.e. Coral Sea window-Coral Sea carrier on the water)?
-Is the Fleet Placer app present in your add-ons menu in FSX?
-Is Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable installed on your system? You should be prompted during the installation.

FallenPhoenix1986

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 08:06:43 PM »
Load out screen is operational, I did forget to run in Admin mode.

The meatball maybe I was high as it just lit up like Christmas tree to wave me off when I tested it again, seems fine now.

For the deck app though still no joy.
- I only have the Phantom pack so far so only have access to the Coral Sea

I have now been able to get the lifts/doors to animate and for the air-group to spawn in, I had been using AI carriers to load the ship over the weekend so not sure if these functions only work if using the built in fleet placer?

Regarding the lifts, would I be right that only the starboard aft lift is animated?
If that's the case then the only issue remaining is that I fall through the lift when I taxi onto it.

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

• Administrator
  • Test pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 06:57:23 AM »
I have now been able to get the lifts/doors to animate and for the air-group to spawn in, I had been using AI carriers to load the ship over the weekend so not sure if these functions only work if using the built in fleet placer?

Yes, that is the case. We limited it thus because we wanted to have the ability to save flights on the deck of a moving carrier. So it technically needed to be tied with ship placer to synchronise the saved file with the carrier.

FallenPhoenix1986

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 07:28:57 PM »
Makes sense, didn't realise until last night just how much of a jump over AI carriers your app actually is.

Is there anything I can do about falling through the lift?
It seems to be  a bit of a hit and miss issue with the handful of carriers available that have functional lifts, some work and some don't, not sure why exactly.

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

• Administrator
  • Test pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 08:38:58 PM »
Falling through elevators is a problem of FSX, which can safely accomodate only one moving platform -and it's still hit-or-miss. In order to have more than one moving elevator on a carrier, you either need to apply a special technique which wouldn't work in our carriers due to their complexity, or move to P3D.  :-\

FallenPhoenix1986

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 08:07:15 PM »
Hi, still enjoying the F-4 and slowly working my way up to getting night qualified but hit a brick wall at dusk. I cannot activate the deck lights, the pennant number illuminates as do the lights on the tow carts and the crews Hi-Vis strips. The actual deck lights however remain out.

On an unrelated note the LSO seems determined to have me land at WAY below stall speed, he's only happy if I'm doing 110-ish knots and plummeting vertically, its also not a problem unique to the F-4, it seems regardless of what I choose to fly he wants me comming in far too slow.  ???

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

• Administrator
  • Test pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 09:25:44 AM »
I cannot activate the deck lights, the pennant number illuminates as do the lights on the tow carts and the crews Hi-Vis strips. The actual deck lights however remain out.
What sim version are you using?

On an unrelated note the LSO seems determined to have me land at WAY below stall speed, he's only happy if I'm doing 110-ish knots and plummeting vertically, its also not a problem unique to the F-4, it seems regardless of what I choose to fly he wants me comming in far too slow.  ???
That is strange. The LSO is looking at 19.2-19.7 AoA, so if you're properly configured that's in the 128-145 range and -700fpm. I believe you are at full-flaps and below 34k lbs of weight?

FallenPhoenix1986

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 09:20:00 PM »
Using FSX acceleration.

Re. the LSO, its not just the F-4, I've experienced the same in Dino's S-3 and T-45, Razbams A-4 and A-7, Alphasim/Virtavias A-6 and Milton's S-2. All aircraft so far are set up based on te preset configurations, I've also configured Rob Richardson's F-9 Cougars mylself. All of them have to approach dangerously slow to avoid repeated "Too fast" calls.

In all cases I'm coming aboard with approx 10-15% fuel loads so weight will vary by type, but this seems a generally appropriate fuel state. The approach speed is varying relative to type, but is consistantly far lower than I would expect. For example I got as low as 65 Knots in the S-2 by the time the LSO stopped shouting, to maintain this however my nose was far too high to see the ship at all. In the S-3 I was down to 95 knots.

Edit: - Just had an approach in the TF-9J as follows:

Roger ball, power, Wave off - all in the space of about 2 seconds, there was no time given for any corrections however the approach was fine, the wave off call was given with me at 450 ft, 125 knots and a significant distance from the ship... in short I had all the time in the world to correct any deviations...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 09:48:05 PM by FallenPhoenix1986 »

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

• Administrator
  • Test pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 09:55:26 AM »
Took note of it. We will check it and see if it can be fixed for the upcoming patch.