Author Topic: Jurcaga's MiG-21MF Tacpacked  (Read 3873 times)

Thiseus

• Beta testers
  • Lead pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Jurcaga's MiG-21MF Tacpacked
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 03:30:43 PM »
Getting ready at Noi Bai AirBase (30Km north of Hanoi) for a sortie...

StuB

• Beta testers
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 11:03:52 AM »

Hoping someone might be able to give Ivan Jurcaga's Mig-21F-13 (FS2004/FSX) the same "treatment" as his Mig-21MF

The only major issue I have with it is that the drogue chute acts like an anchor once it's deployed and brings you to a complete stop in short order...and I can't figure out how to cut it loose so I can taxi.

Just my humble opinion, but I think it is the better looking of the two... ;D

Current System Specs - OS: Windows 7 x64 Professional | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V, LGA 1155, Intel based | CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1600| GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5 memory).

StuB

• Beta testers
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2016, 08:44:21 PM »
I have been playing around with CCP and practicing intercepts (without turning on labels) with the MiG-21MF.

I can get guns and missiles to work using CSWeapons but when I try to just use Tacpack, only guns seem to work.
Also, the only radar that seems to work is the generic ATC scope. The fire control radar scope does not seem to come on.

Still, I have been able to make some intercepts along Thud Ridge and over Hanoi.
I'm using AI (F-105D's & F-100D's) from the Vietnam War Project. I tried to use others, but they fly with flags, covers and chocks turned on for some reason.
Here are some screenshots. First three are all F-105D's and last one is a F-100D.

Current System Specs - OS: Windows 7 x64 Professional | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V, LGA 1155, Intel based | CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1600| GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5 memory).

SiR R.i.P.P.E.R.

• Administrator
  • Test pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 10:29:18 PM »
I'm trying to figure out FSX@War so I can place some ground targets and enrich the theater as time permits. I'd like to create a campaign with a full campaign's worth of targets and flights.

StuB

• Beta testers
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 11:47:20 PM »
I'm trying to figure out FSX@War so I can place some ground targets and enrich the theater as time permits. I'd like to create a campaign with a full campaign's worth of targets and flights.

That's what I'm working towards as well.
I'm in the process of contacting the FSX@War folks to see how I can add the Google Earth data I have compiled so far into the CCP utility.
It's a lot of info though, as it encompasses the whole theater....from the east coast of CONUS to Thailand and Australia to Southern China... and has route packs, targets, air bases, firebases, naval tracks and other data. I'm using official USAF and Navy historical documentation, maps and (when available) reconnaissance photos to verify each point.

Right now I'm bogged down with identifying target locations within North Vietnam and Southern Laos.

Thiseus

• Beta testers
  • Lead pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2016, 09:57:53 AM »
I'm using AI (F-105D's & F-100D's) from the Vietnam War Project. I tried to use others, but they fly with flags, covers and chocks turned on for some reason.

While F-105s & F-100s are native FSX, the other AI that you're reffering to are FS9.
If you spawn them Airborne, happens what you describe. For overcoming this, you'll
have to make them take off first, thus properly transent from parking to flight state
(of FS9 coding).

...when I try to just use Tacpack, only guns seem to work.

I had the same problem also. This issue has been resolved by Dutch. See original post again at SOH ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?101869-MiG-21MF-Upgrade-Phase-II-ready!&p=1039338&viewfull=1#post1039338 ).
If asks you for missing dlls, you have to google & download them.
You place them in your FSX route, and if this not work also in C:/Windows/System 32

StuB

• Beta testers
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2016, 04:35:39 AM »

While F-105s & F-100s are native FSX, the other AI that you're reffering to are FS9.
If you spawn them Airborne, happens what you describe. For overcoming this, you'll
have to make them take off first, thus properly transent from parking to flight state
(of FS9 coding).

...when I try to just use Tacpack, only guns seem to work.

I had the same problem also. This issue has been resolved by Dutch. See original post again at SOH ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?101869-MiG-21MF-Upgrade-Phase-II-ready!&p=1039338&viewfull=1#post1039338 ).
If asks you for missing dlls, you have to google & download them.
You place them in your FSX route, and if this not work also in C:/Windows/System 32

OK, that makes sense as to why the AI were flying with the flags and covers. I just recently found out it is possible to have AI take off and land so I'll give that a try tomorrow.
I'll have to look into converting the AI I have to "FSX native" because they look a little better than the VnW AI and also include a lot more a/c types.

EvanFlotous

Jurcagas MiG 21MF Tacpacked
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a good MiG-21 out there for Microsoft FSX?  I must admit that I prefer the later big spine versions TIA. Martin  

StuB

• Beta testers
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Jurcagas MiG 21MF Tacpacked
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2017, 09:25:31 AM »
Yes. The one to get is the  MiG-21MF created by Ivan Jurcaga that was modified to be FSX native and Tacpack integrated.

You can get it here: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24090/fsx-mig-21mf-tp/

There are some good repaints available for it at Sim-Outhouse: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=3
Do a search for MiG-21MF and you should see them.

Does anyone know if there is a good MiG-21 out there for Microsoft FSX?  I must admit that I prefer the later big spine versions TIA. Martin Â

Panny

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2017, 06:15:42 PM »
StuB, the link you have provided for that Mig-21MF is the UncleSalty version, it isn't the same as the proper one.
I can't seem to find the Tacpack version referred to in the sim-outhouse, seems the link to download is dead...
Peter

StuB

• Beta testers
  • Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2017, 10:29:20 PM »
I think Sim SkunkWorks also did a freeware tacpack version of it too, but I don't know where to find it.

I'll check on it at Sim-Outhouse and try to find the right link.

StuB, the link you have provided for that Mig-21MF is the UncleSalty version, it isn't the same as the proper one.
I can't seem to find the Tacpack version referred to in the sim-outhouse, seems the link to download is dead...
Peter