Author Topic: BattleGround Vietnam : Mu Gia Pass (Mission Addition)  (Read 2142 times)

Thiseus

• Beta testers
  • Lead pilot
    • View Profile
BattleGround Vietnam : Mu Gia Pass (Mission Addition)
« on: April 21, 2016, 09:51:24 PM »
A dedicated (additional) mission for this historical strategic site with the quite interesting &
difficult landscape to fly & fight.

VIDEO DEMO (klick on photo):

A 64Kms CCP truck convoy route on default FSX roads through the pass towards
the "dog house" valley opening.

Airborne start near the pass and carrier for landing at 60NM East.

BGV Mu Gia Pass Download Link

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Comments - Notes

- With the addition of Mu Gia Pass mission, BGV consists of 6 missions currently.

- Mission by default is for Skyriders. Following BGV logic, can be flown with any plane
capable for AirStart (ie, with engines running). Another problem can be that AI planes
(wingman) with AirStart, spawn with wheels down and no pilot (parking position).
This feature is bypassed in "Carrier Ops II" by actually taking off the AI Wingman from
Da Nang, which then triggers the Mission Menu for transfering AI Wingman over user's position
at Carrier...

- Mu Gia Pass mission adds another feature - ability in next BGV versions : Wingman detects &
informs for Ground targets at his 3 & 9 o'clock also (apart of 12 o'clock) at a 3Kms range from
his position. Very handy for search & destroy missions (offensive recon).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 06:34:26 AM by Thiseus »

tbobcar

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: BattleGround Vietnam : Mu Gia Pass (Mission Addition)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 11:44:17 PM »
I'm new to this site. I'm beginning to see that the content is in reference to an online game.
In Tet of '68 I flew a number of combat missions; day and night attack. The day, they used bunches of
quad 50s- which are very scary. We lost several people in F-4Bs.  We were Marines out of Chu Laid.
Night missions, dropping mk 82 slicks, we delivered by high angle dives. Few  Phantoms were shot down,
more just flew into the mountains.
Not to be rude, just part of my story.

streakeagle

• Lead pilot
    • View Profile
Re: BattleGround Vietnam : Mu Gia Pass (Mission Addition)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 02:03:14 AM »
I for one, appreciate your story. I was born at MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL in 1968. I grew up in that area with F-Ds and F-4Es flying overhead all the time. My father had served on the USS America before she departed for Vietnam and saw many F-4s. My eyesight prevented me from ever having the opportunity to fly for a living, but the F-4 is in my blood and I love to hear anything I can about them from people who flew and worked on them. Thank you for the information.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(16 Gb RAM) HD7970(3 Gb RAM) Win7 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!